Thursday 19 June 2014

Hi, I am back in Ireland and fishing the River Blackwater in Counties Cork and Waterford.  have landed 4 good fish to 10 lbs so far and lost a cracker of about 25 lbs.

This is my latest fish, caught at Lower Kilmurry beat, island stream opposite the second ladder into the river. It took a size 10 cascade fished on a floating line with a 10 foot intermediate poly leader and 9 foot 15lb fluorocarbon leader.

It took me 35 minutes to land the fish which was fresh with sea lice and very fit. It would not come out of the fast water even when tired.

I had a problem with my backing jamming on the reel, probably as a result of the fight with the lost 25 pounder and had to rip it off the reel as you can see in the video.

The fishing to date has been patchy but looks like it is coming good with the river now in good fly order as to level and clarity.

It has been warm and bright here. I caught the fish at 9pm when the beat was in shade


Looking forward to next few days

No comments:

Post a Comment